RIO® MAKOplasty Total Hip Arthroplasty Brochure - 6 Pages
The Confidence of Accurately Placed
RESTORIS® PST ™ Acetabular Cup
RESTORIS® PST ™ Acetabular Shell is engineered with cutting-edge
technology, PST ™ (Porous Structured Technology), designed for
strength and biologic fixation.
• Tightly toleranced locking taper to achieve
maximum shell-to-liner contact
Acetabular shell mating grooves and
rim-locking liner increase stability
• uter struts and highly frictional PST ™ are designed
to interlock with bone for an intimate fit
Initial stability is further enhanced from the highly
frictional PST ™ bone-interfacing surface
Designed for Long-term Fixation
Provides up to 70% fully interconnected porosity
for long-term biologic fixation potential
Powered by RIO®
Versatile Modular Design
C o n s i s t e n t ly R e p r o d u c i b l e P r e c i s i o n
• liner face and offset configurations provide
Wear Resistance and Oxidative Stability
• RESTORIS® XLVE™ vitamin E polyethylene
liners are highly cross-linked for increased
resistance to oxidative degradation and wear
A stem design philosophy you can trust. Tapered wedge design femoral stems have
over 30 years of clinical experience and have demonstrated a 99% survivorship.6
1. ennedy JG, Rogers WB, Soffe KE, Sullivan RJ, Griffen DG, Sheehan LJ. Effect of acetabular component orientation on recurrent dislocation, pelvic osteolysis, polyethylene wear,
and component migration. J Arthroplasty. 1998;13:530-534.
2. adgett DE, Thompson MT, Conditt MA, et al. Accuracy of robotic arm assisted acetabular cup implantation. 6th Annual MIRA Congress; May 11-13, 2011; Athens, Greece.
3. ata on file.
4. Bozic KJ, Kurtz SM, Lau E, Ong K, Vail TP, Berry DJ. The epidemiology of revision total hip arthroplasty in the United States. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009;91:128-133.
• lat tapered geometry with
reduced A /P width
Optimized Range of Motion
• educed anterior/posterior neck
• ighly polished tapered neck minimizes
potential for wear debris generation
Joint Kinematics Restoration
• odular heads and fixed 130˚ neck
angle, with standard and extended
offset options, enable optimization of
soft-tissue tension to establish proper
restoration of joint kinematics
Secure Bone Interface
• roximal Ti-Plasma coating enables a secure
interlocking press fit
• he feathered, gradual coating transition
distally reduces potential for mid-stem
hang-up on implantation
• 1 stem sizes, each with a standard and
extended offset option
Promotes Proximal Locking
• ontoured distal tip avoids distal wedging and
ensures proper proximal and mid-stem seating
THA O u t c o m e s
Robotic Arm Accuracy Combined With Advanced Implant Performance
Decreased Potential for Liner Micromotion
RESTORIS® Tapered Femoral Stem
5. Malik A, Maheshwari A, Dorr LD. Impingement with total hip replacement. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007;89:1832-1842.
6. McLaughlin JR, Lee KR. Uncemented total hip arthroplasty with a tapered femoral component: A 22- to 26- year follow-up study. Orthopedics. 2010;33(9):639.
RIO® and MAKOplasty ® THA are manufactured by MAKO Surgical Corp. RIO® and MAKOplasty ® are registered
trademarks of MAKO Surgical Corp.
RESTORIS® Z is distributed by MAKO Surgical Corp. for use with RIO. These implants are manufactured
by Total Joint Orthopedics.
RESTORIS® Tapered Femoral Stem and RESTORIS® PST ™ are distributed by MAKO Surgical Corp. for
use with RIO.® These implants are manufactured by Pipeline Orthopedics. PST™ is a trademark of Pipeline
Biomedical Holdings, Inc.
RESTORIS® MetaFix® and RESTORIS® Trinity® are distributed by MAKO Surgical Corp. for use with RIO.
These implants are manufactured by Corin Group PLC. The Corinium Centre, Cirencester, GL71YJ,
United Kingdom. Phone: 011.44.1285659866. MetaFix and Trinity are registered trademarks of Corin Limited.
All claims of product performance and indications for use contained within this document relate only to data submitted
to and reviewed by regulatory authorities in those jurisdictions in which clearance(s) and/or approval(s) have been
obtained, including the United States. No product performance claims or indications for use are made for jurisdictions
in which such clearance(s) and/or approval(s) have not been obtained.
Visit our consumer website at makoplasty.com
2555 Davie Road | Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317 | 866.647.6256 | makosurgical.com
© MAKO Surgical Corp. 207503 r01 10/12
P. 1The Confidence of Accurately PlacedAdvanced ImplantsDefines ConfidenceRESTORIS® PST ™ Acetabular CupRESTORIS® PST ™ Acetabular Shell...
P. 2MAKOplasty Total Hip Arthroplasty®MAKOplasty®The Confidence of Accurate, Reproducible Surgical ResultsMore Accurate Cup Placement Compared withManual...
P. 3MAKOplasty Total Hip Arthroplasty®MAKOplasty®The Confidence of Accurate, Reproducible Surgical ResultsMore Accurate Cup Placement Compared withManual...
P. 4MAKOplasty Total Hip Arthroplasty®MAKOplasty®The Condence of Accurate, Reproducible Surgical ResultsPatient-specic Pre-operative PlanningMore...
P. 6The Confidence of Accurately PlacedAdvanced ImplantsDefines ConfidenceRESTORIS® PST ™ Acetabular CupRESTORIS® PST ™ Acetabular Shell...