video corpo

magazine (2008)
48Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

magazine (2008) - 1

E0429540 Olympus Observer Changing the way you perform colonoscopy – the new CF-H180DL/I The modern magazine for endoscopy from Olympus Medical Systems ME 021-08 Find out more at: www.olympus-europa.com www.olympus-europa.com Exploiting synergies for a more effective working environment Navigate with condence through any colon with the new CF-H180DL/I. This superb colonoscope is top of its class in every way: Full ScopeGuide™ compatibility, crystal clear HDTV images, NBI, super wide angle of 170° Close Focus plus the variable , stiffness function, Innoex. Apart from the other features and benets of the new CF-H180DL/I, its full ScopeGuide compatibility will change the way you perform colonoscopy. Even the most experienced colonoscopists benet from the real-time 3D display of colonoscope position and conguration. Together with true HDTV 1080 images and NBI capability, the new CF-H180DL/I marks a new era in colonoscopy. 2008 Na throu vigate gh an y colo n Inc full Sc luding ope comp Guide ™ atibili ty. Systems Integration ScopeGuide Making pain-free colonoscopy possible V-System Complete adaptability for successful ERCP NOTES The potential of next-generation Minimally Invasive Surgery

Open the catalog to page 1
magazine (2008) - 2

2 47 EDITORIAL // CONTENTS 08 Dear Reader For generations, Olympus has worked hard to earn a leading reputation for developing medical devices that inspire THE OLYMPUS EXCHANGE, UPGRADE AND TRADE-IN PROGRAMME condence and save lives. One of our core beliefs is that our instruments should perform with precision and reliability, both How it works on their own and in harmony as part of larger systems. In this edition of Olympus Observer we focus on how this kind of unity Olympus offers a simple and cost-effective telescope service programme that enables our customers to work with condence. is...

Open the catalog to page 2
magazine (2008) - 3

3 30 41 24 | AFI and NBI in bronchoscopy 35 | Optimised learning platform Delivering more diagnostic information First Colorectal Masterclass held at the EEC in Paris 25 | Fostering the advancement of knowledge 36 | Single incision surgery Training tools specially created for the respiratory eld An approach for less invasive procedures 26 | Simplifying thoracoscopy 37 | Thoracoscopic viewing without boundaries Bringing a procedure back to the bronchoscopy unit High-denition imaging and exibility with EndoEYE 27 | The Olympus PAA process 38 | Laparoscopy in gynaecology Five years of...

Open the catalog to page 3
magazine (2008) - 4

4 I N N O VAT I O N S A highly-trained technician assembles the exible part of an endoscope. Pinpoint accuracy in Aizu In a factory 300km north of Tokyo, Japan, a highly-skilled technician pulls on a blue apron, covers her head with a white sanitary cap, and peers into a microscope. She focuses intensely. Her job is to assemble endoscopes and this must be done with the highest precision. She knows as well as anyone that the nished instrument will be used to save lives. Simultaneously, in another part of the factory, a state-of-the-art machine is manufacturing the same parts that the...

Open the catalog to page 4
magazine (2008) - 5

5 AIZU TOKYO Olympus Observer_2008

Open the catalog to page 5
magazine (2008) - 6

6 I N N O VAT I O N S The road to perfection It all started in 1949 when a scientist from the University of Tokyo challenged Olympus to build a device that could safely examine the interior of a patient’s stomach without resorting to open abdominal surgery. It was a problem that scientists had unsuccessfully been trying to solve since the late 19th century. Nevertheless, the company accepted the challenge, and only a year later unveiled the rst “gastrocamera” at the 1950 Japan Surgery Conference. The result was a exible device that took photographs captured on a monochrome lm that was wound...

Open the catalog to page 6
magazine (2008) - 7

7 Various distal end parts. A exible endoscope can contain up to 500 components. Craftsmanship: Doing what machines can’t do Highly skilled technicians are the Aizu campus’ other essential asset. No matter how sophisticated a machine’s capability might be, many processes simply cannot be automated. Each technician is, therefore, as much of an artist as he or she is an engineer or scientist. This means that before work can begin on any task, employees must acquire ofcial company qualications. To do this, and to keep their skills honed, they regularly attend courses at the in-house training...

Open the catalog to page 7
magazine (2008) - 8

8 I N N O VAT I O N S OLYMPUS & GYRUS ACMI A new range of opportunities in the eld of Minimally Invasive Surgery As the boundaries of science and technology continually expand, so does the global medical equipment market. This is particularly the case with regard to minimally invasive systems that reduce pain and discomfort from surgery. Systems that allow for less invasive surgery offer benets for providers and patients, and they could play a signicant role in limiting overall medical costs. It was with this in mind, that Olympus announced the acquisition of Gyrus ACMI, the world leader in...

Open the catalog to page 8
magazine (2008) - 9

9 INVISIO DUR-D DIGITAL FLEXIBLE URETEROSCOPE Fully-integrated, distal CMOS imaging sensor and LED illumination for simple “plug & play” upper urinary tract visualisation. PKS™ CUTTING FORCEPS Unique ve-in-one design grasps, dissects, coagulates, transects and retracts tissue all in one easy-to-use disposable device. PKS™ LYONS™ DISSECTING FORCEPS Two-tiered tapered jaw design with serrated surfaces provides secure grasping and retraction, as well as pinpoint or wide-based coagulation. PLASMASEAL™ OPEN FORCEPS Uniform sealing and electrosurgical cutting in one instrument reduces procedure...

Open the catalog to page 9
magazine (2008) - 10

10 I N N O VAT I O N S EXERA II – the universal imaging platform for all applications. 1ST EUROPEAN NOTES WORKSHOP A start towards future Minimally Invasive Surgery In early April 2008, the 1st European NOTES Workshop welcomed dozens of enthusiastic participants to Rotterdam’s ERASMUS Medical Centre. There, they were given the opportunity to learn about the potential of new clinical approaches in using natural orices of the human body as entry ports for performing Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS). In particular, the workshop provided training in practise and updates about the latest Natural...

Open the catalog to page 10

All Olympus Medical Europa catalogs and technical brochures

1. DIEGO ELITE

5 Pages

2. HiQ+

13 Pages

3. CV-190

2 Pages

4. BF-UC180F

2 Pages

5. ENF-XP

2 Pages